Selling Privately

We have a farmhouse in the beautiful Vosges region (Dept. 88) which has been renovated into 3 separate apartments. We've decided to sell-up with the intent of moving to Canada.

Please can you recommend any websites to privately advertise our property. Also, please can you advise the process involved once a buyer has shown interest with a view to buying.

Thanks

I am currently selling my property with IFP (internet french property). It is a pretty good site and the advert cost 117 euros for 12 months with up to 10 pictures. In 3 weeks I have had 148 views, 3 enquiries and 2 visits which is a lot better than some of the estate agents! Also without agents fees you can sell it cheaper and appeal to more people! Once you have had an offer I assume you approach your notaire and take it from there. It might be wise to speak to your notaire first and find out exactly what to do (something I should do too!!) Good luck!

I too have a great 4 bedroomed former artists' house with a small barn and field in the quiet part of the Vendée which needs a bit of work doing to finish off but am reluctantly putting it on the market. Which are the best sites for this specific region, could anyone tell me please? Would IFP be better than a regional site?

How much tidying and tarting up should one do?

I have a Wendy House at the bottom of my garden, which was used by the children of the family who previously lived here.  Do you think I could sell it and if so, where would you suggest I advertise it?  It has no roof or windows but the walls are sound.  Should I put a roof on it before I sell it or leave that to future occupants as a "restoration project"?  Would a postcard in the baker's window suffice do you think?  I thought maybe a local dog passing by might fancy it as a kennel, perhaps.  Are there any dog-friendly websites I could advertise it on?  Or do you think it might be a bit risky having a strange family/dog living so close to my house?

(With profuse appologies to our o/p)

Part of the procees of selling invoves the seller in obtaining various reports on such things as lead, asbestos, termites and (I believe recently) energy eficiency which must be passed to the purchaser.  You do not have to organise a Notaire in advance but it may be useful to ask one exactly which reports are required for your region and, perhaps, seek advice on suitable firms to carry out the surveys for you.  The Notaire will almost certainly have a chum or two he can 'recommend' [:)].  Be careful though, not to get the reports done too soon as some of them have a limited shelf life.

Az yoo arnt a low life - yoo shud hav no truble seling yur nice sownding howss.  i now ther r sum imobiliurs from Ingerlund over heer hoo can get yoo a better prise by advurtising to Ingerlish buyers wiv mor munee than sens.  Yoo cud try one of them. 

Do I tell how much I spent on it or let them suss all that out? 

Big point: How much do I clean and tidy it up?

What is the best time to sell? Autumn is lovely in the Vendée always and a great time for looking. And so close to the Channel ports without being too close.

How do I spot timewasters who just want to walk on my oak floors, look agog at my lovely stone chimneys and explore my spacious artists studio without being serious?

[quote user="woolybanana ex tag"]

Do I tell how much I spent on it or let them suss all that out? 

Big point: How much do I clean and tidy it up?

What is the best time to sell? Autumn is lovely in the Vendée always and a great time for looking. And so close to the Channel ports without being too close.

How do I spot timewasters who just want to walk on my oak floors, look agog at my lovely stone chimneys and explore my spacious artists studio without being serious?

[/quote]Get yoor bilder to giv you sum fayk bills wiv bigger amounts on to shew 2 biyers - that wurks.

Sweep up but leev cobwebs, they downt luk up and if they du theyll  fink its' aufentick like.  Hiyd craks in wall with that crapi stuff (cheep at Bricos but artex from b&q is betta and cheepa).

Sell in summa or autum coz theyl fink the wevvas like that awl yeer then.

If aniboddi wantz 2 luk at a flippin artists studeeo there probably 2 seerius aniway.

Thanks to those for the sensible and helpful replies, much appreciated... whereas for the other 2 clowns, you both really should get out more. I was recommended this forum by a friend for helpful and informative advice, shame it takes 2 fools like 'woolybanana' & 'cooperlola' to ruin things for others... MODERATORS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

[quote user="Red Devil"]

Thanks to those for the sensible and helpful replies, much appreciated... whereas for the other 2 clowns, you both really should get out more. I was recommended this forum by a friend for helpful and informative advice, shame it takes 2 fools like 'woolybanana' & 'cooperlola' to ruin things for others... MODERATORS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

[/quote]Yes, I know we should (it's raining!)  I did in fact suggest to a mod' that they move our bit, myself.  Sometimes, I just get carried away!

Coops, I suggest that if you look at the standard of written English on some other threads then you will find that it is not much above what we have written.. Red Devil, you had only to read it aloud and you had it.

I also suspect that most of the advice is already there in other threads.

You seem to have forgotten that whilst we are worrying about conning some poor fool into buying out damp ridden dumps in France that people are being killed by roadside bombs for no reason other than superstitious nonsense. In the great scheme of things the Brit obsession with property is pretty trivial and worthy of ironic bitter humour.

You also seem to have misunderstood what was really going on

Now, if you want real advice pm me and you will get it.

[quote user="woolybanana ex tag"]

Coops, I suggest that if you look at the standard of written English on some other threads then you will find that it is not much above what we have written..

[/quote]Too true, and my, is it tough to read at times (and to write)!  I always hesitate to pick up on it as it seems pedantic and self-important but my blood is busy boiling in the background.

RD, there really is a lot of sensible and helpful advice on here, don't despair. 

[quote user="heidi h"]

I am currently selling my property with IFP (internet french property). It is a pretty good site and the advert cost 117 euros for 12 months with up to 10 pictures. In 3 weeks I have had 148 views, 3 enquiries and 2 visits which is a lot better than some of the estate agents! Also without agents fees you can sell it cheaper and appeal to more people! Once you have had an offer I assume you approach your notaire and take it from there. It might be wise to speak to your notaire first and find out exactly what to do (something I should do too!!) Good luck!

[/quote]

Something maybe you should have done before advertising and getting 148 views, did you tell the viewers that you hadn't a clue what you were doing? Just a thought.[;-)]

regards

Pearly