EDF Estimated Bills?

User no longer member.

We moved here in January and pay by automatic bank debit to EDF when a bill is due.  I was really pleased to see that this month's bill was reduced (I have been making an effort to cut down!!) - feeling really pleased with myself until a neighbour pointed out that my bills will be estimated! 

Is this correct as there are meter readings on the bills?  Our electrician and interpretor upgraded the tarrif and supply and sorted this out for us and I assumed that the meter would be read from the little box outside.

You can register on EDF's website to provide your own reading.

The service is called "Service Relevé Confiance" and you'll need to register online to subscribe.

Once you've registered, you'll receive a reading request about 10 days before the bill is due to be sent.

You then read your meter and either post the reading or use the automated phone service.

The bill you receive later is based on your reading.

If the reading is not sent on time, the bill will be based on an estimate.

EDIT:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1040148/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/2/843123/ShowPost.aspx#843123

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/574202/ShowPost.aspx

Our meter was read a few weeks ago, then the bill arrived. Mr O nearly burst a blood vessel!  The reader had read: 28*** instead of 26***, when I went on their site to update and rectify this , it wouldn`t let me as it said I HAD Recule!!!

So eventually after trying to ring the number for readings etc 6 times in one day I finally got through about 10pm.........still awaiting a new bill though.

[quote user="opas"]

Our meter was read a few weeks ago, then the bill arrived. Mr O nearly burst a blood vessel!  The reader had read: 28*** instead of 26***, when I went on their site to update and rectify this , it wouldn`t let me as it said I HAD Recule!!!

So eventually after trying to ring the number for readings etc 6 times in one day I finally got through about 10pm.........still awaiting a new bill though.

[/quote]

We received our facture about 3 weeks ago after the man had been around the village "reading" and Outie nearly burst a blood vessel It was about 150 euros more than usual and with it being a summer bill immediatly I thought that the electic BBQ was to blame but no, on reading the meter properly the guy had "read" 28*** intead of26***
So I went online and tried to correct it but I got a message saying I had turned the clock back! of course I had as it was read wrong, so I filled in the little box in the " contact us " section explaining what had happened and received a standard reply saying they would get back to me. They didn`t. So a few days later after trying to phone several times during the day without success I finally got through about 9pm, again went through all the rigmarole.
Today we had an automated call just after noon....we were lucky we answered as usually it is double glazing or woodworm people touting for business at this time. It said that as we hadn`t paid our bill they were going to charge 40 euros to reconnect us (obviously we have not been disconnected ) and would we like to settle the bill plus the extra now by carte bleue......er no thanks.
Outie cooly ate his lunch while I was panicking that the supply would go off as we ate, and then he phoned them.
Oh they had on record the email and the phone call, but no one had treaded it as each thought the other was dealing with it, super!

Hopefull a new bill will arrive in a couple of days, with a more pleasing amount on it.

Mine was misread too this sumer but under read, I did nothing about it as I am (wrongly) now in credit, if i correct it I will have to pay the revised bill, pay for a stamp etc and I have no confidence that they wouldnt cock up my revised reading as well, it will all come good during the winter months.

Interestingly I cannot fathom out how they have calculated the refund, I appear to have made money on their TVA calculations, for a refund of €8.37 they have refunded €4.18 for TVA i.e. 50% plus local taxes, the TVA on the rebated autres prestations appears correct at 19.6%.

I might try sending in my own "overreadings" paying the bill and waiting to get a refund of 150% [6]

But I am sure that someone will burst my bubble and explain how I have got it wrong[;-)]