water heaters

annie

I need a water heater to feed a kitchen sink, a basin and a shower.  I can get a 100 litre 3 kw heater in the uk size 784mm high 550 diameter - can I get a similar heater in France at this height or lower?

We are in Dept. 47.

Many thanks and looking forward to receiving your advice.

Michael Gill

[quote user="La Guerriere"]You will find some on the Leroy Merlin and the Castorama websites. However, the small ballons to tend to have smaller elements so take a bit longer to heat up than the conventional 3kW UK jobby[/quote]

Yes , the 100L is typically 1.2kW . Ours takes about 2 hours from cold to be able to have a decent shower , compared to around 5 hours for the 200L one (2.2kW).Of course these times vary slightly on the time of year etc.

We were advised to go for the more expensive steatite model because of being in a "hard" water region (46) 

The prices quoted on the link seem a little on the high side , I seem to remember seeing them around 150euros at Bricomarche (Montayral 47) .

Still as with all things you pays your money ...............

[quote user="Northender"]

The prices quoted on the link seem a little on the high side , I seem to remember seeing them around 150euros at Bricomarche (Montayral 47) .

[/quote]

Yes, I'll go along with that........150- 200 Euros is normal