Exterior House Painting

Locheelad

Hi all,

Hopefully simple !

My new house is painted externally cream and needs done up

I want to paint it a slight cream shade of white

Is this ok to just press on or for something this simple will i need permission ?

Many thanks

Bob

Unlikely to be an issue, especially as you're nearly doing like for like.

Worth just popping in to the Mairie and asking, you will get large quantities of Brownie points just for being polite and introducing yourself

BTW, paint (generally) is a lot cheaper in the UK than France

Hello all,

Our house needs a lick of paint, my problem is its rendered with the spanish style rough and textured render, looks a nightmare to brush on!

Anybody know if there is a spray sytem that will cope with exterior paint? And any clues as to what paint to look for in the local DIY, bricolage or the like?

Cheers[:)]

Ho Boy!

You have opened two distinct cans of worms with this one!

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

[:)]

If you use the "Search" Facility (Top Right on the page) and search using various search fields, there are any number of threads on spraying walls.

You will find cynicism; helpful advice: and any number of positive suggestions, from as wide apart as HVLP solutions, to conventional old pressure pot-meaty compressor concepts.

Bonne Courage !

Now, on the matter of paint, conclusions and recommendations are fairly divided between, "Must use French paint on French houses!", to:

"French paint is rubbish! It is thin and doesn't cover and takes three hundred coats!"

As in so many things, you pays your money and you takes your choice!

My lips are sealed on this one: that said you might hear the words Leyland which like most, uses Pliolite resin licensed by DuPont and is 99% breathable.

But you would need very good hearing!

[:D]

• 13 years later...