Wood pellet burner 'Credit de inpots'

Thebiga

Hi I know that you can at the moment receive a credit on your income tax or a cheque back when you fit certain heating items.

I know that if someone fits a pellet burner for you that you only get the credit on the cost of the burner, But, What about if you buy the burner yourself and fit it as they are not hard things to fit. Do you get anything back by buying it yourself and doing this or is this not recognised because a company did not do the fitting. Just wondered as you can buy some small ones at a good price and was thinking about getting rid of the log burner as it works out expensive and you can't just turn it on and off like the pellet ones with a timer.

Thankyou

Thanks Clair, I thought as much. Perhaps I will see how much it will be to plumb one in by someone and see if the credit is worth it. The one I'm looking at is about 2200 Euros so if they don't charge to much to do it it may be worthwhile. Is it 40% back for pellet burners.

Thankyou 

[quote user="sweet 17"]

If the sums stack up, you may be able to get the installer to buy the equipment for you and you pay him for the stove and the work and get the two on the same invoice.

Worth investigating?

[/quote]

Yes because unless you do that you  don't get a tax credit.[blink]  See Clair's post above.

[quote user="Abby"]Is it easy to get hold of the pellets in France?[/quote]

It's easier than it was a couple of years or so ago.

Anyone investing in a poêle à granules would do well to do some research in the availability of pellets suppliers first and avoid having to rely on a single supplier.

I am sure that the same grants apply to pellet boilers also. They are slowly becoming more and more common and by this hopefully the price will come down. The pellet boilers are a lot more expensive than just the fires but you can save so much money after they are installed as the pellets can be really cheap. We would love a pellet boiler but funds will only stretch to a small pellet fire in the kitchen I think to replace the wood burning fire which is fine if you can get the wood cheap but you can't just switch it on and off like the pellet jobs can.

Thanks for all your information everyone, I think it will be a DIY install as can pick up a small pellet burner for 2200 Euros which is a good price.

• 3 months later...
I know I am resurrecting this thread but..... Is there anyone with a wood pellet boiler, driving CH + DHW, in Normandy / Brittany who would be prepared to post their operating comments and who may be prepared to let me look at the unit and 'pick their brains' so to speak.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Be very careful letting him near your brain as he is said to pick out the best bits via the nasal cavity, as did the ancient Egyptians when mummifying, lightly fry them in garlic and then eat them with a light salad.[:P][/quote]

Dammit Wooly, how many times have I told you........dont forget the mushrooms, you should know that brains in garlic ALWAYS need mushrooms.