where do you live? A view of my home.

I admire the courage of all you who have taken on these tasks!

We took the lazy route and our place is 25 years old and in very good nick. The insulation is way above what it should have been when built and is still above that now... We face smack South and the lounge and 2 front bedrooms have a glass wall, lounge 5 meters, 2 bedrooms 4 meters wide. The sun reaches almost to the back of the rooms in the winter and doesn't shine in at all in the summer. It was described as Bioclimatic!! We love it...[:D]

And on a nice clear day we even have a view of the Pairaknees Mountains!![:D]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me dead jealous, we haven.t even got a proper kitchen(sink & pre-war cooker) never mind somewhere to eat lunch.

Sometimes I think it may have been better to buy a house already done, but then when I look at what we have achieved so far, I change my mind again.

Our new kitchen starts going in on monday, maybe then i'll feel a bit better.

I need some advice on draught exclusion.  I have put a sticky draught excluder around the door but I am sure I can still feel a draught from somewhere.

I have read the bit about lime pointing and have an idea that might be the way forward, what do you think?

[quote user="Weedon"]

I need some advice on draught exclusion.  I have put a sticky draught excluder around the door but I am sure I can still feel a draught from somewhere.

I have read the bit about lime pointing and have an idea that might be the way forward, what do you think?

[/quote]

I would be carefull about the daft exclusion, sorry draft exclusion 'cause if you get the ballance wrong the incoming air may lift the roof and the walknuts will be falling on yer head.

Lime pointing, I think that a spot of line dancing would be a good winter warmer?[blink]

No welcome mat may be a hint that you are not welcomb GG?

Pads, there are probably enough holes so that he can stand inside and still have an outside loo. Different holes for different wind directions. Well yer gota think of these things. After all if you don't it's one way of getting yer own back [8-|]!!?

Edit :- I have just noticed who posted it. Weedon, perhaps that's a hint about the loo [6][:D]?

If you put any plants around the door make sure they aren't leaing against the 'property' (almost stumped for a discriptor there?) otherwise you may return from a hard day in the local bar and find that the plants have done damage, i.e. flattened it [Www]? Mind you if you get some good climbers they will help to hold it up peut etra?[blink]

Thank you Mrs A, I must trim my beard before I parade next time.

All of you that have given me some good ideas have now got me thinking.  Should I carry out some cosmetic re-construction on my small place or renovate my bigger project?

The smaller one has a peach tree alongside whilst the bigger one indeed has a walnut tree next to it. Decisions......

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/Largershed.jpg[/IMG]