brico-depot

Dave&Olive

hi ok

I am thinking about buying a plasterboard lifter from brico-depot now that they are no longer silly money, any one bought / used one,  just wanted to know if the build quality is ok ??? 

Dave

I can answer your question, I have been away hence the delay.

Until now I have borrowed a professional leve panneau from a friend, recently I did some work with a friend using a brico-depot one.

Whilst there is no comparison regarding the quality of construction (the weight alone will tell you that) the B-D version is quite up to the job.

The base is a lot smaller which gives some stability problems coupled with the slop in all of the joints but it will lift the board up to where you want it and hold it there, the ends will sag a bit by comparison. It doesnt roll as easy as the professional one and doesnt cope well with irregular surfaces. It will not cope with unblanced loads whereas the pro can put up half a sheet with the Cof G outside of the base, i.e. projecting over a stairwell.

The thing that I missed most was the work platform on the pro unit that allows you to put in all the screws without getting down.

If I were spending my money I would either buy the BD one or find a pro unit on E-bay UK and resell it in France for a profit at the end of the project.

The th

hi ok

Thanks for all your views ... result,    splashed out on a Brico Depot one yesterday, ok it`s not going to win any awards ,but it clips together in a few secs and will do everything that I want and more , I agree with Chancer  it`s an  above a diy quality product but not a pro one .... say ... semi pro .??

Dave