Fungi -pinkish on outside wall?

milkeybar kid

It sounds like 'champignons' a kind of fungus which most houses with crepi covered walls will probably suffer from at some point. Spray washing will do it, but it will return.

Some firms do a pressure-wash clean and then a spray with some anti-fungal treatment; costs a bundle and is usually guaranteed to last 10 years - if the company concerned lasts that long.

My OH uses a pump spray with a weak solution of bleach and this seems to last about 4 years.

Sue

Thanks Suein56. I have been up the ladder this afternoon with sprayer with -only just diluted bleach and sprayed once allowed it to dry and then again.

Hubby thought white vinegar might have the same effect, anyone tried that?

We are wondering too Thompsons water seal it after, hummmmm, any ideas please, anyone.

Don't know anything about using white vinegar, but these previous threads might help with more general information.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1135096/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1300645/ShowPost.aspx

The (very) weak bleach solution we use - in one sweep - takes about 2 or 3 days to completely remove the red/terracotta coloured deposits on our walls. But this is due to the fact that we rent our house, it really is not ours, and so we need to proceed very, very carefully with anything we do - just in case we need to take reverse action very, very quickly.

Sue

Wow, just been out to have a look at my handiwork and all the pink has totally 100% gone- gobsmacked. Thank you. I think I will now put the Thompsons water seal on, that should protect it fom any more. I am presuming its coming from spores in the air rather than from the inside our-yes? no?

EDITED-OOp's just had a look at the links- they answer question. Certainly no need to paint over as its totally gone, u saved us a fortune -thanks