Hardboard available in France ?

Mutiara

Hi we have just laid some wooden floors and would like to protect them for a few weeks from step ladders and general foot trafic whilst we do some other works.

I thought about 3mm plywood but would much prefer hardboard, but have not had much sucess in my local DIY store. Does anyone know if hardboard is available in France and if so what it is called ? We are in Dept 53 Mayenne.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

I found bizzarely that the cheapest temporary covering was carpet!

I am talking about the cheap foam backed (barely) cord carpet from Brico-Depot, at the time it was only 79cts per m2 then they dropped it from their catalogue but it is still sold in most stores but a at a little over ā‚¬1 per M2 IIRC.

You will need to be sitting down when they tell you the price of hardboard [6]

Thanks that's very helpful. I hadn't thought about the carpet idea; Do you think that there is any chance of the foam backing sticking to the new floor - especially if anything is spilt on it ??

These are the times when I wish I had a B&Q warehouse down the road where this type of thing is so easy to source !

Mutiara.

It hasnt to date where I have used it (I usually staple it in position) and it is so flimsy it would not be hard to remove with some WD40.

The other use I have for these carpet rolls is instead of tarpailins to protect a flat roof and my patio when spraying crepi, it stays put in the wind unlike a bache.