Do you Google it?

This morning I had to return by post some info requested in an email from EDF. [blink]

Although my French is improving the first thing I grabbed was my book 'French letters to write', I didn't find the exact letter to copy but it did give me the correct starting and finishing phrases, I then typed my letter out in 'word' copied the text that I wanted translating and used 'Google translate' to translate, a bit more copy/paste and my letter was complete. After another read through to make sure it made sense and voila it was ready.

Also when I received the email, I was able to read all but the meaning of one sentence which again I copied/pasted and 'Googled'.[:)]

Does anyone else use this useful tool.

Jackie

I have often read on here that some people have difficulties with fully understanding French bills/documents and somtimes only the odd line that confuses them and wondered why they were not pointed in the direction of these very useful websites.

I know they are not perfect translations but when I want French to English they are wonderful, when it is English to French it helps me fill in some of the small connecting words that are sometimes hard to remember[blink]

What would I do without my computer?

Jackie