Paris

I am looking for a property to rent on a long term in Paris for about 500 euro per week.  However all the googling I do, I end up with furnished appartments to let on a shortstay basis which is way over budget.  Does anyone know any good websites who could come up with the goods.

The person I am looking for would prefer to stay in the heart of the city and would need 3 bedrooms,  failing this, (which I think would be probable) what are the best places to stay outside the city to commute into the city.

[quote user="Just Katie"]Sorry, yes it is for Twinkle. [/quote]

Well well well. What do we have here? [:)]

I've had a quickish look and basically found the same as you, but you forgot to mention the massive security deposits requierd for the flats that all cost too much[:'(]

I wonder whether our 'googling in French' skills are up to the job, Katie?[:$]

Perhaps Twinks could start contacting every person she's ever met and try to find some helpful contacts in Paris.

I hope Twinks is happy to be embarking on this move?

No Tresco, it is for Twinkle.  Mon Google Francais skills sont excellent....... I think [:$].  I have found some lovely city centre appartments for Twinks which I think she will love.  The agency fees are not a problem as these will be paid alongwith the rent by Twinkles new employer.

[quote user="Just Katie"]Sorry, yes it is for Twinkle. [/quote]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]It's NOT for me!!!!!!!!!!  [8-)[/quote]

[quote user="Just Katie"]No Tresco, it is for Twinkle. [/quote]

I will leave you to decide amongst yourselves just who the flat is for.[:)]

Imagination running wild .............................................

Twinkle have you got a recording contract in Paris ? are you going to become a even bigger twinkling star ?

Or.......................

Are you going to be a Music teacher ?[8-)]

Or......................

Just running away to the big city? 

Dear Katie

Look in www.pap.com  which is  a weekly newspaper 'Particulier a Particulier' published each Thursday for sales and rentals throughout France and has a big Paris section..  Also look up www.fusac.com.  You can look it up online.  It is a fortnightly mag which has dozens of flats to rent and we have used it always to rent out our flat in Paris.  Most estate agents will have rentals so look up the bigger ones like Century 21, ORPI,

It is usual to rent furnished for a 12 month period with two months rental as deposit. Unfurnished is usually for three years contract. Once you have had a look at all the ads on the websites, you will get an idea of rentals, but of course it will be much more expensive in the nice , safe arondissements ( 5th,6th,7th, 8th, 16th).  Dont commute - living in Paris is sensational.

Happy hunting