Just broken the glass on my wood burner

Mr Coeur de Lion

Happened twice to us in 7 years. cost 240euros but house insurance covered it . Mirroitiers d'Ouest hold it in stock. Brico was 94euros dearer. Receipt sent to insurers,repaid first time in full.second time minus 60 euros. Payment in bank in 5 days.

Bonne Chance.

[quote user="Richard"]I didn't know they were so expensive!!! Might hold off for a bit then. The glass is in in place, just broken. The fire is going. I'll check my insurance tomorrow. Well that's the third thing. Last week, the laptop died and my taps broke, now the glass on my burner has broken.[/quote]

Aye - and Everton were beaten too [:D][:D]

Seriously Richard I replaced glass for a woodburner for a client earlier this year. I got it in Mr Brocolage and it cost a tad over 100€. The size wasnt huge I think it was about 400 x 300mm. Maybe a wee bit squarer on reflection but anyway, they seemed to be the cheapest around here. Good luck with it though.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Richard"]IWell that's the third thing. Last week, the laptop died and my taps broke, now the glass on my burner has broken.[/quote]
Rejoice!
The spell is broken![:D]
[/quote]

Yes, Richard, I'm glad you've had the THREE!  I knew about your flood but not about your laptop and I didn't like to say, expect a THIRD............so now, you can relax, as Clair says, the spell's been broken!

Go get a nice, long drink and tell yourself what a lucky fellow you are [:D]

Poor you!  But,IIRC, you've had six now; taps, coffee, laptop....toffees, woodburner and

[quote]Um, I accidentally cooked some dog food for dinner last night (don't ask). Does that count for a new set of three?
[/quote]

So, unless you're going for an ambitious nine[:-))], or (Lord forbid), considering emulating Herakles,  you've nothing more to worry about.  Would it be wrong to say that, speaking as a long standing vegetarian, your last trial has left me with just a touch of schadenfreude!  Yes, I suppose it would......[:$][;-)][:D]

One of our friends here in the village broke the glass in their woodburner last Friday. A visit to the local builders merchant/plumber with the dimensions and the glass was ready for collection later the same day having been cut to size; cost 30€. The next nearest source would have been Mr Bricolage where the cost was 32€. They both commented that a log rolling onto the glass can cause the glass to break. A bit frightening that, especially if it happens in the middle of the night! I've noticed that not all woodburners have a protective "fence" at the front. Fortunately ours has.

Sid Smug

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Hey, what's this about toffees?  How can you have a disaser with toffees?

Do you mean they stuck to your dentures or something and, when you tried to remove the toffees, your dentures got broken?

Well, what then???

[/quote]

lol sweet, my nashers are still all my own, no dentures for me yet. Well I am only 38.

But the toffees are the nickname for my favourite football team, Everton. They cause me great stress at times, particularly this season.

We did the same thing with a too - long  log and took the door into Weldom where they cut a new piece of glass to size. It is relatively expensive because it is fire-proof quality,obviously.

OH did a similar thing to my windscreen on the way back from the brico with some long lengths of wood - saw a gendarme when driving with boot open so pulled in and slammed the boot down - trip then required to Brive to find the windscreen shop (eventually found it at the other side of the town  ) and a wasted afternoon waiting for it to be fitted.....

[quote user="Richard"] lol sweet, my nashers are still all my own, no dentures for me yet. Well I am only 38. But the toffees are the nickname for my favourite football team, Everton. They cause me great stress at times, particularly this season.[/quote]

Thank you for explaining all, Richard.  My knowledge of football teams could be written on the back of the proverbial postage stamp.

Even so, in my book, mints as in Everton Mints are mints and toffees are toffees [:P]

• 2 weeks later...