waterproof sealant in shower

Wilko

Hi

Does anyone know of a waterproof sealant for my limestone in the shower. I was given the name of a German product which is expensive but does the job. I have spent an hour on the i/net but can't find the manufacturer. Any suggestions gratefully received. Unfortunately I am unable to get in touch with the guy that gave me the German company, though if i saw the name I would remember.

Rgds Wilko

I am indeed Wilko , since 1963 .

My one regret is , that I never got to see the Great  Sir Tom Finney  play , but still see him every home match.

Wish we had someone like him playing now.

When George Best was in his prime , someone asked Bill Shankly , who in his opinion was the better player , Finney or Best.

Shanks thought for a few moments and then replied " Probably Best , but you have to bear in mind Tom is 50."

Thanks a lot Payrac Man. I mailed them and received a quite bizarre and unfriendly response, mais c'est la vie.

N/ender.......no I never saw Finney play, did see Matthews though. George Best was close to God, season ticket holder for 3 years at O/Trafford. Had a glass with Bestie one night in Time & Place, trendy night club.......it was champers and girls till the early hours and it was friday night. He played a blinder the following day, he was aound 19/20 at the time. What a player !

To seal our slate tiles, we used a German product - Lithofin... http://www.lithofin.de/frames.asp?page=start2 . They do different products for different stone. The stuff we used did smell on application and we had windows and doors open but the smell diminished over 48 hours and wasn't noticeable after that.

We bought it in the UK but it is available in France.

German? Wurth, expensive but absolutely brilliant, never known thier products not to work! And no, I don't work for them, I was introduced to them while an apprentice at Rolls-Royce.  The RTV Silicone would be clear as opposed to coloured though.

The smell, usually "vinegary" is the chemical that keeps it liquid evapourating out, once the smell has gone, it's usually pretty much cured hence RTV, Room Tempreature Vulcanising (if any of that is spely right!).