Floor nailers

RicandJo

Hi Ricandjo,

Depends what sort of floor you are laying , in my case the wood was 25 mm thick, 150 mm wide and 2metres long with aq purpose made tongue and groove, I used a standard pneumatic brad nailgun with 50 mm brads which I attached to my compressor, I bought my brad nailer in the UK but they have almost Identical items in Leroy Merlin, I found it was by far the best method as you can "secret nail" thro the groove and on each end so that you cannot see a nail (or brad) anywhere. I have also laid a floor using standard planks without tongues or grooves and it works just the same.

[quote user="billy10"]

Hi Ricandjo,

Depends what sort of floor you are laying , in my case the wood was 25 mm thick, 150 mm wide and 2metres long with aq purpose made tongue and groove, I used a standard pneumatic brad nailgun with 50 mm brads which I attached to my compressor, I bought my brad nailer in the UK but they have almost Identical items in Leroy Merlin, I found it was by far the best method as you can "secret nail" thro the groove and on each end so that you cannot see a nail (or brad) anywhere. I have also laid a floor using standard planks without tongues or grooves and it works just the same.

[/quote]

hi ok

I don`t think so ....brads to hold a floor down !!!   wonder how long before this starts to come up ??

Dave

[quote user="DaveOlive"][quote user="billy10"]

Hi Ricandjo,

[/quote]

hi ok

I don`t think so ....brads to hold a floor down !!!   wonder how long before this starts to come up ??

Dave

[/quote]

There isn't much difference between the "L" nails used by the floor nailer and the 50mm brads used in an brad nailer. The reason the brads don't pull out is they are driven in at an angle.

I now use brads for parquet and dont have any problem, in fact I have even used used them for the cladding of a former shed which is now my home in the UK.

To explain further the feather edge that I recycled had already served as fencing for 25+ years and would split when nailed to the studding unless it was pre-drilled, using brad nails (admittedly loads of em) was much quicker, it is the rear elevation of the building and abuts a section of the same fencing so is quite sheltered and the presumably now rusting brads cannot be seen.

I suggest that the OP looks for a porter nailer on E-bay UK, that way he wont need a compressor and can sell it at a profit in France.