Concrete fence posts and panels

rowland

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to find concrete fence posts and concrete panels in France. The pre-cast panels (either plain or patterned) slot into a groove in the posts. They are used quite widely in the UK but we have never noticed any in France. Would any of the Brico depots be likely to sell them?

Any info gratefully received and thank you in advance.

I have seen the Marley type concrete posts and panels used extensively in some villages in Southern Brittany but have never seen them where I live in the Charente Maritime.

Don't know where you'd get them and cannot now ask anybody for you as I won't be going back to that part of France for a long time.

But, they must be obtainable.  Wait a bit, Rowland, someone's bound to know.....

They are available to order from most negôce materiauxs (now there is a lie (negôce) if ever there was one) in my area, they are much less popular than they used to be but can still be found on some new builds.

They must have been an economic proposition in the past judging by the amount of old ones that are shedding the concrete when the reinforcing rusts but like most things that have to be ordered dont expect any presents.