Ancient House

John Brown

Hmmm maybe it's my 'Scottishness' not translating.....Your ancient house registered as being a home for animals (leaving the religion element out for the purposes of good taste........must resist :-)) Could mean French Officialdom being too 'literal' in their own assessment and listing the building as 'Agricultural use only' hence my extremely poor pun as such a listing may cause aggravation ('Aggro' in the Scottish venacular!....hence 'Aggro-cultural' use)

Joking or maybe even Jock-ing aside ('Jock' being English parlance for a person of Scots origin and 'Sweaty' doesn't fit) I would maybe be tempted to downplay or even lose the animals in the house reference in favour of a more 'domestic' vision of the past. At least try saying the horses wore carpet slippers or something!

Coat on getting out while I can!

I see! No problem. The house has always been in 3 parts, the Vicar's family+ staff accomodation, the barn and the stables. It lost its agricultural function around 1850s (got all the papers to that effect), and has since been a vicarage only, the stables having become the Parish rooms- which are still used for caricative use only, with the blessings (!) of the Swiss tax office.