certificate of conformity for building works

londoneye

Hi

We had a permis de construire for our building works. When completed we submitted our declaration d'achevement de travaux to the mairie (and received a stamped copy back) but have never received a certificate of conformity.

I was (cough cough) about to follow this up after some time has elapsed when today we had a visit from some officials who wanted to check all of the buildings on our property (supposedly of the whole area, although they did not seem to survey any of our french neighbours houses). Anyway, I am not concerned as we stuck rigidly to our permit. While the people were here I took the opportunity to ask them to whom I should write or phone regarding the lack of a certificate of conformity and they told me they were no longer issued (since 2006).

Does anyone know if this is actually true (seems strange when the declaration of achievement of works still says that you will received one).

Wondered if anyone else had received their certificate of conformity in last couple of years.

Hi

They showed identity (can't recall what it said to be honest) and they had a copy of our cadastral showing all of the buildings etc on our site, plus a thingie (don't know name) that you measure things with (one of those things that surveyors use).

Crumbs, you don't think they were dodgy do you?

er probably a laser measure

and, if we have been grassed up then they are in for a disappointment because we sent back the form at completion of works showing all the upgrades etc. As I said at in my thread (or I think I did) I am not worried as we have done everything by the book (well, except for a small shed for the tracter mower that wasn't on our planning permit, but I believe it is small enough for them to not worry about).

Sorry, I know it makes me seem a little stupid but I had a look at the ID, and it had the appropriate picture of the woman on, and she had a copy of our cadastral, so I had no reason to be particularly suspicious, or worried about whether we had done something wrong, so didn't particularly notice which organisation. Reason I posted really was the question about certificate of conformity.

Why, what is the DGCASP pls ?

Pachapapa

Bless you honey; exactly what I was looking for. We submitted our declaration d'achevement de travaux in May 2009, so we fall into the new regulations.

thanks everyone else also - even to those who seem to have convinced themself I am up to no good !

Ta all !

I'm not one to bear a grudge - although you did both slightly panic me - then again I have always been one of those people who blush even when someone else f**ts!

Don't think we have been grassed up actually - been here over 4 years now (mind you it could have taken the authorities that long to follow up on it I suppose !). Had the pleasure of a visit from the gendarmes around 2 weeks (I think it was) after arrival, wanting to check all our documentation etc etc, and asking if we were working on black (!).

Since then we seem to have settled in with no probs - it is even rumoured that people quite like us (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My own feeling is that the people who revise the cadastral plans have a certain amount of spare time on their hands.

We had a similar visit, and it was clear that we were getting the visit because we'd had a permis de construire for our barn conversion: they wanted to get the location of pool just right on the plan (as all the other buildings had an unchanged footprint). They explained what they were doing - and you could see from the notes they were making what it was they were interested in.

It seemed an excessive use of resources - two men in suits - for such a small change to the cadastral plan. But no doubt it keeps them off the streets. I'll rephrase that .....