EDF connection fee

SallyC

How much do EDF charge for connection? Our newly acquired property currently has no electricity supply to it (there is a box right outside which the electricians say they can use) and no internal wiring. We have devis for the actual installation of the electrics but wondering about final connection. I know that the installed system has to be inspected by a body prior to EDF and there is a charge for this... Thanks in anticipation!

Hi SallyC, from memory, i believe this depends of your location but members more in the know will certainly be able to help.

If you don't mind me highjacking your thread as i also have a similar question.

We are being rewired this winter (the full works) and the ERDF meter will have to be switched from 3-phase to single phase supply. Anybody knows how much this also costs?? may thanks.

[quote user="ericd"]Hi SallyC, from memory, i believe this depends of your location but members more in the know will certainly be able to help.

If you don't mind me highjacking your thread as i also have a similar question.

We are being rewired this winter (the full works) and the ERDF meter will have to be switched from 3-phase to single phase supply. Anybody knows how much this also costs?? may thanks.[/quote]

"

I can't believe what i am reading......." Why don't you just ring them and ask?

Your electricians - who I assume are correctly registered artisans - are best placed to deal with this, as they will have to deal with EDF. It is important to do this early, as in the case of some new installations - such as a house being converted into seaparate apartments - the electrical load required may be higher than is currently provided for by EDF. This is also happening in my area where many holiday apartments, often with just a 6kW supply designed for summer use, are being used all year round, with the addition of extra heating, washing machines, cookers etc and the building's existing supply cannot cope.

P-D de R.

Jimmy, reason I phrased the question in the way I did is because we have been fairly 'assuredly' advised that a certain (in my opinion, rather high) price was standard connection fee. Your response has at least assisted us in that there is obviously no 'standard' fee and therefore it would not be possible for anyone other than EDF to say what this is. Obviously I would expect the electricians to have some idea but its not their work to give a devi or quote on.

Ironic for what??? Did I ask for an English speaking ERDF agent? No I have only asked for costs related to changing from a 3-phase to mono-phase supply, just in case someone on this forum had had the same expenses. If that's the case his point is plain silly and i would ask him to grow up.

Si Jimmy (somewhere in France) passe ses journées à éplucher ce forum afin d’embêter son monde avec ses réponses et commentaires idiots, c’est son choix mais je trouve cela navrant, il ferai mieux de passer son temps à perfectionner son langage…….[;-)]

[quote user="ericd"]

Ironic for what??? Did I ask for an English speaking ERDF agent? No I have only asked for costs related to changing from a 3-phase to mono-phase supply, just in case someone on this forum had had the same expenses. If that's the case his point is plain silly and i would ask him to grow up.

Si Jimmy (somewhere in France) passe ses journées à éplucher ce forum afin d’embêter son monde avec ses réponses et commentaires idiots, c’est son choix mais je trouve cela navrant, il ferai mieux de passer son temps à perfectionner son langage…….[;-)]

[/quote]

You really don't get it Eric, do you? You asked a simple question, the same as someone else did (English hairdresser). In my opinion their question was perfectly normal and just what I would expect on a forum of this nature, but not you, you had to give it the big I am and try and belittle them. So now you get it back and you are offended and playing the innocent party, tough. As the saying goes, live by the sword die by the sword.

You are kidding yourself Nick and stop this agent provocateur attitude, grow up. You are not bothering me the slightest as you keep on compairing pears with apples. The point I made on the post concerning the hairdresser was acknowledged and supported by many members. Can't say the same about your comments here.

Thanks for your input Steve & Heather your project involved some digging that should have added a fair amount to your bill. Good luck with the CONSUEL inspection....makes me think that I need to contact my sparky to ask him about that.

[quote user="ericd"]You are kidding yourself Nick and stop this agent provocateur attitude, grow up. You are not bothering me the slightest as you keep on compairing pears with apples. The point I made on the post concerning the hairdresser was acknowledged and supported by many members. Can't say the same about your comments here.

[/quote]

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] The world according to ericd, don't do as I do, do as I say!