More Electrical Problems

Mongoo

Hi I posted a thread re problems with our threee phase supply,which we thought was problematical due to storm issues. It now seems the problem is not storm related. While at the house the electrics went bonkers and lights in one part of the house went realy bright. High current items then stopped working, cooker, washing machine. The main "disjoncteur tripped out. On re setting all sorts of stuff was still happening, nothing seemed logical!!

Is it possible for this fault to be in the house or is it an EDF external thing it seems we get an over voltage on some things and an under voltage on others. On this occasion our microwave/convection cooker has now blown up!! It is very intermittent.

Help please

Paul

This is a boring answer, but the only way you are going to know properly (as opposed to internet forum guesswork....) is to get a competent electrician to have a look. You'll then know if it's an installation issue or if the chaps at ERDF are to blame......

However, for what's it's worth, I'm guessing you have a bad/loose neutral connection somewhere.

Thanks for that, in fact the loose neutral idea is the best fit so far, I have contacted EDF again, and arranged for an electrician to take a look in the house. Presumably the bad neutral which I know can cause over voltage and an under voltage situations, can be in our property (any neutral conection in any socket etc. or the main incomming one?) anyway hope to have it sorted soon, so thanks again.

Paul