Impots

dragonrouge

Had our electrician in yesterday and he said that due to the withdrawal of some of the 'green' credits people had paid in advance to obtain the credits and so he had lots of money in the bank but was under pressure to 'do' the work. He did not think in all of the circumstances that he could commence our work until the end of the year.

Seems like a can of worms to me for surely the credit only arises if the work has been completed prior to the credits being withdrawn?

I am sure that is the intention, but I suspect the "proof" will be based on a fully paid invoice.  If the invoice is fully paid before the end of the year but the work is not completed, what proof will there be when Les Impots inspect in June?

Of course

I am sure that is the intention, but I suspect the "proof" will be based on a fully paid invoice.  If the invoice is fully paid before the end of the year but the work is not completed, what proof will there be when Les Impots inspect in June?

Of course this bring

Of course this bring a

Of course this

Of

Friends of mine did the same thing last year, paid for installation of solar panels close to the end of 2009 in order that they could profit from the rebate in 2010.

Where these credits are involved I think a lot of people prefer to keep the time between paying for the work and receiving a refund of tax as short as possible.

In my case, I had to wait until the new year of 2010, so can't apply for the credit until May 2011.