Sanded floorboard finish?

WJT

I have oiled our sanded floorboards and was advised to put a wax finish on top of the oil and hire a buffer. I had assumed it was a choice between oil or wax finish and I chose oil but perhaps a final wax coat buffed up would be the best?  Has anyone done this?

Sorry to be late with the response.

Answer is that it depends on the oil and the wax.

My formula is well know, Tung oil to seal and burnish the surface and Diamond wax (bees wax and tung oil base) to follow. Then.....;

Vigorous rubbing....

more rubbing

more still.....

then beer!

[IMG]http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss285/andrewhenderson/ElmOilOLeary3sm.jpg[/IMG]

Ahhhh  good job.... just about bullet proof.

A+

Poolguy, lovely! Thank you.

I was hoping someone would say the wax isn't necessary, the main reason is I don't have a polisher so will have to hire one. But it appears it is something I must do to get the best results. Thanks again.

John

you dark horse you are...

I didnt know that you were also a 'woodie'.....

but to also be a rotary polisher owner now that is special. I'm getting envious now!

I've always hired even though I would have owned in a heart beat. But these puppies are so dear

W.

If you use a tung oil derivative then you can rest with that but you still need to burnish with the above doova lackki!

Waxing is only obligatory in high traffic areas.

[IMG]http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss285/andrewhenderson/AUT_0521.jpg[/IMG]

Above is a simple oiled finish - medium patina (satin if you like)

A+

[quote user="Théière"]

I have one in 37

[/quote]

Arghh! I can't seem to find anywhere to hire a floor polisher (cireuse). I have tried all the location of materieux places and the Bricos. Does anyone know where I can hire one?