french telecomm

Fourbarewalls

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stan

You make it sound like a sinch! Was there a phone line already installed? And have you had broadband activated?

We've been advised FT will need our passports!

It would be nice to get a phone and internet connection, but I fear the worst with doing it over the phone, especially from the UK!

Well done

Tony

Hi, yes, there was a phone line installed but it had not been used for several years. The previous owner used their mobiles only, hence no landline use. I called France Telecom from the UK, their English speaking helpline and the line was re-activated by an engineer some days later. I presently have Orange (France Telecom) Netplus package- phone and ADSL broadband. It was a sinch and problem free. I do not recall being asked for copies of our passports though.

If you do it via one of their shops they want docs, proof of address and identity (passport) that's what we were told when we first inquired at the local FT shop. But in the end we telephoned the English line from the UK and did it that way, if I can remember they did send some paperwork to our home in the UK but I think that was for the direct debit.

One thing we were impressed about was the speed they could arrange the line and the helpfulness of the English speaker.

Go for it.

Steve

Edit.

Might be an idea to check that you can actually get broadband if you want it, we are too far away from the exchange to get it, if you have near neighbours check it on their number.