Plant hire (mini digger, mixer) in Carcasonne area,, White paint

nikki

Hello

We have a new build in Belveze Du Razes, 20 minutes from Carcasonne.  My husband is going over next  week to do some work and we were wondering if any one knew of a hire firm in this area who hire mini diggers and mixers.  Also where is the best place to buy white emulsion paint as we have heard french paint is not very good .

Many Thanks

To hire a mini digger look at Sodime.  Top tip.......rent it for Saturday if you can - the place is closed Sunday so you get Sunday for free [;-)]

Best place to buy emulsion..........UK.........

You can get Dulux here from the larger DIY shops such as Tridome but 10l will set you back around 60 Euros, and it aint that good.  Use a good undercoat (sous couche) first, but again that's not cheap either.

I suppose a lot depends on where you're applying the emulsion. I've found that the acrylic stuff (plaque de platre - sous couche and murs & plafonds - [top coat]) - Brico-Depot, are excellent value. Price is basic as well.

At least you can get rooms finished and go over it later if you want to pick out a wall in a different colour with UK emulsion.

Undercoat - €5.27 for 10 litres

Top coat - €7.43 for 10 litres.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote user="piglet699"]I suggest XXX plant transporter[/url] that offers a no compromise solution to the transportation of not only light plant but any item which requires delivery to your customer. They are the Perfect Solution for Plant Hire Companies. [:)]

Post edited by the forum moderators [/quote]

Another moron advertising something in the UK. I wonder how much they charge to deliver and collect from France. What a plonker.

How about here  http://www.loxam.fr/reseau/loxam-rental-france/loxam-rental-province/carcassonne-pg3-14-0.html.  We used them in Moulins and they were very helpful - the manager spoke good English and that helped a lot!

Decide how powerful you need it and the hire charges are in here http://www.loxam.fr/location/terrassement/location-minipelle-excavation/pg90-0-0.html