Forgot the name

Suninfrance

Thanks for your replies.

Have just spent 2 days ripping up a glued down musty carpet, glued to even mustier smelling chipboard randomly nailed down over the original floorboards.  In places was a self leveller which has now been chipped away.  I'd go for the chipboard option myself, but because of the door heights being low and my OH being tall need to keep floor level as low as possible.  We are however, considering putting new doors and frames in after OH having nearly knocked himself unconscious twice today, but are told by the previous owners that there are supporting beams just above the top of the door, so we are going to have to give that one some serious thought.  I knew I shouldn't have painted the room first, but it's one of those houses where one job leads to another.  Only decided to strip off the skirting boards after I put my foot through one getting off the ladder while I was painting.  Rotten all the way through, so a simple "lick of paint" job is turning into a major operation now.

Jan

Our house had self levelling screed all over the ground floor.  It was stuck like poo to a bares bum and took 2 weeks of chipping off to expose the wooden floor underneath.  New joists and a few boards and it's lovely again, well apart from the miss matched boards.  There was some sort of coating on the wood that made the concrete stick but I have no idea what it was, sorry.  Maybe try PVA?

[quote user="Suninfrance"]Hi

Can anyone tell me what "self levelling cement" is called in French.  Completely gone out of my head.  Need it to level up a knackered wooden floor.

Many thanks.

Jan
[/quote]

ragréage

it is a masculine noun

le ragréage

I have a 3mm thick coating of ragreage containing and around UFH mats, it is laid on top of the 7mm green papiér maché type insulation over very thin parquet nailed not screwed onto overspanned joists, it is all topped off with laminate flooring.

Its effectively a total bodge job (but done for good reason) and the floor springs all over the place yet the ragréage has not cracked, in fact I walked on it 12 hours after pouring it in order to lay the laminate floor.

It was also the cheapest or 2nd cheapest ragréage, not the flexible one for wooden floors, I am seriously impressed with this wonder product, I view cynicallythe price and claims made for the higher performance ones when the base product is that good.