Plasterboard Primer

Alpinemist

I've removed the old texture finish in our loungs and have it back to the plasterboatd. When i've finished prep work I want to use a primer before painting. I've looked at local DIY stores and can't find a primer. Only one I could see was a wood primer. I understand it should be a latex primer specifically for plasterboard. Can anyone advise on what I should do. Can anyone recommend a primer or is it called something different in France ?

"Sous-couche plaitre" - all of the brico places sell it in big tubs... expensive. You could use cheap emulsion diluted with a little water, maybe 5-10% but you mat need 2 or more coats. I've never heard of a latex one; is this meant to be a damp-proofing remedy?

Undreneath wasn't primed with a paint. There was a type of wafer thin paper that just came off when removing the texture (which was a nightmare to remove). I hadn't seen it on anything before. I'm down to the grey/brown paper of the plasterboard.

I'll go ask for sous couche. Thanks

I've previously used the plasterboard sous-couche and recommended it on here after we did a large extension build. I've since used the emulsion method on the bedroom renovations just completed and found it perfectly adequate!! We get friends and family to bring cheap emulsion from B&Q; it's MUCH cheaper than the acrylic stuff here.