Floor tile paint

Gardener

How could it ever work?

The same question applies to wall tile paint, it may look OK on TV makeover shows or perhaps to spiv up something to sell to wide eyed pigeons but no paint even a 2 pack epoxy resin is going to come within a thousandth of the scratch resistance and durability of a ceramic tile, probably not even within a millionth for all I know.

Doesnt stop them creating a bouyant market selling hope though.

P.S. I guess they do work, they change the clour and finish and will remain adhered to the tiles as long as you dont want to walk on or clean your floor [;-)]

I have used the wall tile paint in both my bathroom and kitchen, truly horrible 70's tiles I couldn't afford to replace. The bathroom tiles lasted for 8 years, and, yes, I do clean!!! The kitchen tiles lasted about 5 years as more robust cleaning was needed, student son learning how to cook!! If you do the preparation as advised on the tin, everything has to be absolutely clean, it does work.

Yes and great for what it is intended for, putting a coloured finish on a surface that would otherwise stain and create dust, so I suppose in the measure that it is not claiming to be liquid concrete then perhaps tile paints do have some utility and if they can last several years before replacing then why not.

I recently mitred some worktops for friends, they had painted their white tiles with some really tendance "resinance" in grey, it didnt look bad as colours go and matched their new decor but the finish looked terrible despite him being very capable and maniac, you would not buy tiles or be happy with a painted wall that looked like that.

Fitting the worktops was difficult as we were boxed in on all sides and the resin finish got scraped off some tiles, it did not put up any more resistance than say a gloss paint although looked no worse than the rest when touched up.