Ant problem?

Jonzjob

I wasn't sure just where to post this but as it's a problem with ants in our house??

In our lounge the ceiling follows the roof line. The inside of the roof is lined with white expanded polly from what I can make out. The problem is that ants have got in behind the ceiling panels and are munching the insulation and we are getting what looks like a light snow fall all the time. I have tried squirting ant killer up through a small gap along the edge of the panneling. The airosol can has a long thin tube attached to it to do this. We then find bodies instead of the 'snow', but a short time after we got the 'snow' again! I've drilled some small holes up through the panel so as to squirt more killer into the ceiling, but nothing seems to last mare than a week before we get 'snowed' on again. I have aslo tried mounting one of those small, about 2 1/2" diameter, any bait killer things onto the beam close to the edge with a gap, but they don't seem to have touched it?

I am reluctant to cut a big hole in the panel because of matching it again, but if I have to then so be it.

Has anyone any ideas, serious please, as to how I can zap these little sods!

I cannot remember a summer when we didn't have a problem. I would buy those little round things that you puncture and leave in their path and also the tube of stuff and put drops down well out of our animals way. And then they would go within a day or two.

I prefer this method to aerosols.

We are currently fighting the same battle - for the nth time!  They did go away for a year or so after we had had the house repointed, but now they have found a new way in and are back.

We have tried everything, but the little b**&&rs still come back every year or two. We are currently trialing a "gel" which comes in a small tube that apparently definitively destroys the nest (ha ha!). So far we have found that only a nightly spraying with the product with the long tube keeps them down, but you need to keep the treatments going.

Just keep persevering and hoovering.

Have also heard that they will not cross a line of salt......[8-)] Preferred method of control is the small tubes of gel, put a few drops on a coin and place it where the ants have access to it, apparently they take it back to the nest where it kills the others[+o(] has always worked for me, even when I have used it outside.

[quote user="Gardian"]

[quote user="Jay"]A friend from the UK swears by Jays fluid sprayed onto the walls.

[/quote]

Lest some of your fluid takes the credit for it, I suspect that it may be Jeyes.[:-))]

[/quote]

LOL and there was me thinking of going into business!

As I said, I have already put one of the things that you break the tabs off and it held on the vertical side of a beam with panel pins. As for drops, I have those, but it isn't possible to drop them vertically upwards[:-))] Copper coins? [8-)]

I think that I will have to drill a few more holes and pump yet more rubbish into the ceiling, but gawd knows what it's doing to the insulation? Probably as much damage as the bloody ants!