Oven and grill

One-eyed-Jim

I want to install an eye-level double oven unit in the new kitchen, but all the ones I have seen so far (OK, only two days of trawling shops, but it seems like lifetime) seem to consist of a medium-size oven complete with grill inside, and then a microwave in the upper part.  I asked about getting a double oven where the lower oven has no grill and is therefore larger, and the upper oven has the grill, and was looked at with blank amazement.  My French is reasonable, but I am starting to wonder whether I'm going bonkers.  Surely such a thing exists here?...... 

Jim

Seems strange but true! I remember thinking it strange not to see lots of such double ovens when we were looking afor a cooker in France. Our recent purchase in UK of a Bosch double oven just as you describe doesn't show on the Bosch site. When looking in John Lewis, there were a lot of separate ovens which could then be integrated into a housing to make up whatever was wanted, but they seemed expensive.

How about delivery from Germany to France, Eric?

In my old house in the UK, I had a German kitchen and the quality and styling were superb; likewise the appliances.  I don't mind spending a bit more because I have a kitchen toute petite (so not able to fit in many units) and also I seem to spend a lot of time in it everyday.

Thank you, Eric.  I had a Rational kichen and after years of use and abuse, it still looked good and the extras, carousels that are strong and easy-glide, different bins for re-cyclable and household waste, etc etc were a joy to use.