Sheila Maid clothes airers

WendyG

Hi everyone

Not sure if this is the right place for my query, but here goes.

I had a wonderful Sheila Maid clothes airer in my old house in the UK and it has been sitting in the utility room out in France for 10 years, with the persistent damp weather I thought it might be a good idea to put it up.

I have all the parts but cannot for the life of me remember how to "cord it up".  There is one single pulley and one double pulley, plus the iron ends and the wooden slats and cording, so all complete, except for the know how to put it all back together again.  When I took it down I should have taken a photo but in the stress of the move failed.

If anyone can help I would be most grateful.  Have looked in internet  but they only show the slats and not the working bit.

WendyG

Fingers crossed -

These are written with the idea that you will be attaching the rope to the wall on the left. Firstly, attach the pulleys to the ceiling at an appropriate distance apart. Put the single slot pulley on the right and the double slot pulley on the left.

Take one end of the rope and attach it to the right hand metal thingy on the Maid. Take it up and thread it through the right hand pulley immediately above it and across the ceiling to the second pulley and thread it through the back slot.

Take the other end of the rope and take it up and through the front slot of the left hand pulley and then attach it to the left hand metal thingy.

You can now hoist the whole thing into the air and knot the double rope if you want to and attach it to the wall.

Hoddy