Best Forum for giving away a woodburner (south east)?

W2573

[quote user="Val_2"]Anglo Info - lot of scroungers on the local site here, all wanting something for nothing - even cars sometimes![/quote]

I can't say I have noticed 'scroungers wanting something for nothing' on the AI site.

I have bought from people on the site and disposed of a caravan similarly - although I advertised it at zero price effectively., but that's what I wanted for it so no scrounging involved.

I've tried AI and had lots of response from eager people, but all words. No-one was actually prepared to collect it - it suddenly became too difficult. I might try a nearby charity organisation who also collect and recycle household items.

France is a big place...just for fun I popped the address of our commune and that of the person moving the stove into Google for directions...533miles each way (About 9 hours) and €104 fuel each way plus tolls...

Doesn't help I know but...how about phoning the local chimney sweep / liner installer and asking him to remove it? He will likely know someone who wants /. needs it  and will likely glean an install fee out of it.

[quote user="Val_2"]Anglo Info - lot of scroungers on the local site here, all wanting something for nothing - even cars sometimes![/quote]

As someone that has to live on a quarter of the SMIC or just over a third of the seuil de pauvreté I am always very grateful when someone is kind enough to offer me something for nothing that I can repair or recycle and dont consider myself to be a scrounger.

I wonder views like yours are the reason that freecycle is barely present in France.

P.S. I could do with a woodburner, it would reduce my electric bill, but the OP will have to pay the forfait kilometrique for me to come and get it, plus meals etc [:P][6]

Chancer - there are genuine less well off people out there and then there are the scroungers. I shall define it only by saying these people want something for nothing and then turn up in the newest of 4x4 vehicles with brit plates and plead poverty, or ring up five mins before arriving and offer you less than half of what you have agreed upon. Those are the scroungers who live off the backs of people like you and me and before you start again, I am dependent on the RSA so, like you, don't have a lot either but I'm blowed if I am going to help these parasites. Needy people yes, those looking to rip the rest of us off so they can re-sell something for nothing on, can get stuffed!!  As for free cars, one particular woman here and I knew her, was always asking for freebies yet she was working fulltime and had a husband in the UK who was supporting her and her kids - scroungers!

How about http://donnons.org/ ?

Donnons.org est un site de dons et de de récupération d'objets

en ligne. Même abîmés, ils peuvent encore faire le bonheur d'un grand

nombre de personnes : bricoleurs, collectionneurs ou simplement

personnes qui en ont besoin (en savoir plus).

Donnez à vos objets une seconde vie (voir tous les dons). Le site fonctionne pour la France, la Suisse, la Belgique et le Canada.

Débarrassez vous gratuitement sur ce site de vos objets qui encombrent vos caves et vos greniers.

Un déménagement en vue ? N'encombrez pas les déchetteries, vos poubelles... Pensez recyclage par le don. Donner un objet est le meilleur moyen de s'en débarrasser.

Vous souhaitez récupérer des objets ? Vous pouvez les trouver

sur le site mais vous pouvez également suivre en temps réel

l'apparition des objets sur le site, être averti par courriel. Voyez la

rubrique m'avertir des nouveaux objets en ligne

assuming you have an odd car going by your house ,

put it at the end of your garden with a sign on it, 50 euro..( not free) .  when it doesnt sell, put a  blue cross sale sign up.. 25 euro whilst stocks last..

someone will buy it.. or know someone that needs one , or..   I got shot of my rusty ancient  but usable oil tank in that manner.. Reduced from a tenner to a fiver.

or   for scrap , theres a lot of metal in these machines  and thats worth a couple of euro's.

rgds

Trouble is, that when fitted in a house together with the stone work it probably cost around €3,000 and I have some difficulty bringing myself to throw it away. It is fully working with a vertically opening glass front and the stonework and mantle. I just don't have a place for it and I want it gone!!

It could be that you have not made enough posts on the forum to enable you to receive private messages yet, W2573.

Not sure how many it has to be; maybe it's 10 posts before you can. Just put a few more messages on here, and it'll soon hit the required number!

Angela

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Angela, Thats news to me ! [:)]

[/quote]

Ooh, well, maybe I have dreamt it then! I can't believe that YOU wouldn't know, RH!

Another forum that I visit has that system; you can only PM after making 5 or maybe 10 posts. And I thought it was the second time I had come such a thing - i.e. that this forum (on which I had been much longer) had the same system. Maybe it once did, and has no more? Anyway, the transfer of pix seems to have been successful, so all is well.

Angela