Where to get replacement fire grate?

crabtree

If you cannot find a replacement or its too expensive you could have it repaired with a couple of steel plates screwed across the underside. Cast Iron can be welded but I'd guess because its subject to extremes of heat then cold, it would crack again.

Best of luck

[quote user="John Brown"]If you cannot find a replacement or its too expensive you could have it repaired with a couple of steel plates screwed across the underside. Cast Iron can be welded but I'd guess because its subject to extremes of heat then cold, it would crack again.

Best of luck

[/quote]

Thanks John,

That is a thought I had if I cannot find a replacement.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]The manufacturer?[/quote]

That was my first thought.

The insert was in place when I moved here. Unfortunately there is nothing visible to indicate the manufacturer.

I made a mistake with the dimensions, they are 420 x 200.

Mine is an Invicta stove and the grating finally cracked into four parts.Rang Invicta at their nearest outlet in Rennes which is three hours away by car and they gave a price and said could not deliver or post because of the weight. However asking in our local M.Bricolage,they are agents for Invicta and other makes and they ordered one for me and it was €40 CHEAPER than direct from Invicta at their shop. I was thrilled to be honest that something for once worked out.

[quote user="crabtree"]The grate in my insert has cracked all the way across and I would like to know where to find a replacement.

I do not know what the French call it.

Dimensions 600 x 270.

I am in 24, but don't mind looking on-line.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

If this is what you are meaning, the French call it a "porte buche". I found one for my Godin on Leboncoin easy enough. Hope this helps.

[quote user="idun"]

The grate is the bottom grill on your fire?????

Well I would be calling it a 'grille', a 'grille de foyer?' 'grille de chiminee?'. Something like that, if that is what you are after.

[/quote]

That sounds more the idea, thanks idun.

Just a matter of finding one with the right dimensions now!