Raccord anti-bistre

sid

Can anyone tell me what this is for? It sounds as though it's mean to prevent discolouration or something on the enamel pipe which comes off the top of the woodburner.

Is it strictly necessary? I'm replacing some of the flue pipes and realigning others and I've seen this item in the catalogue. Obviously you'll deduct that I don't have one currently, so that probably answers part two of my query in that it isn't strictly necessary! But is it desirable?

Aha, a reply at last! Thanks for that.

Debordements are overflows, ar they not? I've only heard the term used in relation to plumbing and bursts etc, but I guess that would fit with what you describe. As I haven't had any such problem with my current fluepipe connection where the black tube just slots onto the top of the woodburner outlet, and although this one joint is the "wrong" way round, female pointing down, I think it just seals itself, I won't worry about fitting this additional part.

I'm sure that if everyone had them I would have been flooded with replies. (pun intended)

For information, I visited a supplier this morning to order chimney tubing etc and was able to see this "raccord". It fits onto the top exit of a woodburner and has a stainless steel liner which goes inside the orifice ("buse") and has a black enamelled steel exterior which fits outside the "buse". In effect there is a male and female connection for the woodburner, and a female end on the top part to accept the enamelled stove pipe.

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/basstrom79/forum%20pics/raccordanti-bistre.jpg[/IMG]