plubing/fosse sceptic problem

chirpy

Recently noticed the toilet after flushing gives a" glug glug" sound as if air trapped in it.

Used  a plunger and a wire spirral without improvement .Put down the normal chemicals to help kick start bacteria ,if necessary.

The fosse was cleaned out last September and grease trap.Have been here 10 years, and normally needed cleaning out every 3 years.

The system has been approved  as(  diagnostic ) required by law by Saur .

The tank is 1000litre and I do not believe there is a filter ,but believe  water travels through a perforated pipe with 3 arms radiating from it on my slightly sloping land..

With all the rain this winter can this have prevented drainage of the soak away? as I have noticed when I cut the high grass for the first time last week one area was a little smelly and black.

The fosse looks near to full again but only 2 people here and our toilet habits have not changed to this extent!! 

Appreciate the experts comments .

I don't understand how it can be 'full'. Are you putting bugs down it and using fosse friendly products and toilet paper?

If I'm not an expert, I did have a fosse septique for 25 years and had no problems with it.

The fosse looks near to full again

A fosse toutes eaux functions FULL the addition of a flow from the house causes a displacement towards the sand filter bed.

The fact tha the fosse is nearly full again after being emptied in september last, frankly confuses me. If subsequent to the evacuation of the fosse by a suction pump, the leaving of the fosse empty followed by prolific rain may have raised the water table and subjected the fosse to an increasing hydrostaic pressure possibly damaging the fosse. In any event a fosse of only 1000 litres is too small allowing too short a residence time for effective treatment; the minimum fosse size is 3000 litres. But it is not clear whether you have a FOSSE SEPTIQUE or a FOSSE TOUTES EAUX.

Thanks. for replies The tank figure of 1000 l was found on papers for cleaning tank,probably an error and a 3000litre most likely as no problems for 10years until now.The grease trap pipework joins the pipework after the" toilet waste poo  " tank and after this there are 3 perforated pipes to allow water to escape into soil soak away ",which is where I have noticed the black water .So perhaps a blockage or damage to pipe  work here?

Is it a good idea to get an high pressure hose from grease trap to this area?

Water from kitchen and showers goes via grease trap.- to soak away ...so does ths mean the system is a FOSSE TOUTES EAUX?

If your water from kitchen and showers goes to a soakaway then it isn't a Fosse Toutes Eaux, that's when ALL water exiting the property goes into the fosse.

We had the same problem with a patch of grass near the fosse getting waterlogged and a dirty smelly puddle appearing[+o(] dug down to find that it was our filter for our soakaway. the concrete lid covering it had cracked and soil had been washing into it and had finally blocked it. We removed the lid, dug it all out[+o(][+o(][+o(] and re-filled the filter and had a new lid made. Sorted[;-)] Your perforated pipes are the equivalent, I would have thought, of our filter so one of them is probably blocked or damaged.