Floor tiles

Pads

Can i put floor tiles on top of exsisting floor tiles , we have the head room and they are level and unbroken , so it would be a lot of work to have take them all up and start again.

If I can what would be the best fixent to stick them down with ? I dont want them lifting because of bad fixent

Mant thanks for any advice

Pads x 

Ps not got internet yet so it may be a few days before I pass macdonalds again but will be back in touch

Yes absolutely!

Tile cement sticks to the galzed surface like youknowhat to a blanket[6] , make sure the old ones are clean, you can use une primare d'accrochage if you wish but they are quite noxious and I would not waste my money on it a second time.

Yes, I agree with Norman and Chancer on this, but can I just add that because the adhesive will be sitting on a mostly non-porous surface it will take a lot longer to dry so leave the grouting for a while to allow the adhesive to breath. Same applies to avoid walking on the tiles while it sets

I find the spacers that can be left in and buried under the grout help to reduce any movement

Good luck. John

There is a special strong adhesive for this - can't remember what it is called just now - but you can probably use ordinary without any ill effect.

Just remember that any inward openning doors will need to be taken off and a slice taken off the bottom.  If you have a lot of doors then taking out the old tiles could be a better option.