Scaffolding tower

Yonner

hello all.

I'm in the throes of re pointing the stonework around the house here in Yonne (89) and am getting beyond ladder safety levels! I've decided a scaffolding tower is on the cards. Am watching ebay, but wondered if any fellow renovators had one they need to sell. Ideally I'm after a boss youngman model, because mates can get hold of spare boards and supports, and I'll need around a 6 metre working platform. I've tried leboncoin, and am also watching Ebay Fr, no joy there so far - but what is on there is expensive as you may guess in comparison to UK. Any other suggestions gratefully received

Thanks for any help

Oops, sorry if I contravened regs in posting. I did look for a for sale section on the forum, but couldn't find one. Will I automatically be prompted on  a pm or do I need to change a setting?

I thought about the neighbour thing, Cooperlola, but there is no one it fits with.

Plan was to buy, use over a long period - it could be into next summer before I finish, we're still UK based and it's a grande boulot! - then sell on.

[quote user="Yonner"]

Oops, sorry if I contravened regs in posting. I did look for a for sale section on the forum, but couldn't find one. Will I automatically be prompted on  a pm or do I need to change a setting?

[/quote]

It's OK. As the Code of Conduct says we do not allow advertising but you can do what you have done which is to ask if anyone has something and wants to sell it. What you cannot say is something like "I am selling my car for 5,000, anyone interested" or even more blatant advertising. If somebody has the thing you want then they can contact you via the PM or email button both types of message will arrive at the email address you have registered on the forum when you joined. Most of our longer standing members know this of course but it does not do any harm to point out the procedure for the more recent members. [;-)] Hope you find what your looking for. You could always buy one from Brico Depot then sell it on via EBay or wherever when your finished. There are also hire companies in France as well.

Hey Salty, had long chat with them last night, and bought a 7.4 mtr tower and delivery to France to coincide with me being there - saved me hundreds on transport, and I've got brand new tower with instructions and guarantees etc.

So thanks again. 

Glad you got sorted Yonner.

Plus you've got the advantage of knowing that once you've completed your work, it's very likely you'll be able to recoup a good proportion of the cost by selling it on.

As I mentioned, I've made a couple of purchases from them - the last being only a few days ago with a 4.75 meter multi purpose ladder with work platform, to allow me finish off the dormer windows.

I couldn't find anywhere else that came close to them for price.

Happy renovating!

Hi Sam....by all means send me a PM too...I have just bought an 8.5 metre 3 section ladder for £125 its only rated DIY use though same site sells TITAN ladders economically to....but I would like a tower for when I get round to repointing. First dibs on Yonners maybe? ;-)