How much will i lose????

cowoman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="WJT"]Yes, good luck from me too. From the photos I have seen, it is really lovely. Will look forward to seeing more photos after you have done some of the work you discussed. [:)][/quote]

Oh thanks ever such alot ,you are so kind I really appreciate it thanks.

regards

[quote user="WJT"]Yes, good luck from me too. From the photos I have seen, it is really lovely. Will look forward to seeing more photos after you have done some of the work you discussed. [:)][/quote]

WJT.

Have you seen photos, that we haven't?

[quote user="LEO"]

WJT.

Have you seen photos, that we haven't?

[/quote]

Look here Leo

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1149331/ShowPost.aspx 

Edit: Wrong link, now corrected, but the photo's have been deleted now!!

ps did you ever get to the Christmas party? [6]

[quote user="cowoman"]OMG I was feeling quite positive until I had the negative comments,I feel another sleepless night  coming on.There is no need to be sooooooo rude!!![/quote]Did I miss something ?

I don't see what prompted this, what negative post [8-)]

Leo was sort of sayng

wjt said it was lovely  and  then Leo highlighted what he had said in the quote  but from the pics that i posted (now deleted) was saying if it was  lovely then had he seen pictures that he hadnt

oh well i am out of here,can do without insults

Cowoman - I honestly think that Leo just hadn't seen the photo.  I don't think he meant to be insulting (I don't think he's the type to try to insult anyone) & it's just a case of misunderstanding.

I think your home looks lovely on the "stone-working" thread & I hope you are really happy now that it's yours!!  I fully understand what you were going through in your original post - my hubby got nick-named "Mr Wobbly" (by Twinks!) for the amount of "wobbling" he did when we were moving over!! [:-))]

I'm pleased you got there in the end, Cowoman... though I'm really miffed I missed the pix. I'll post a photo of ours "under de-construction" and I'm sure that'll make you feel much better. I'll have to upload one so I'll add it to this post later.

Edit as promised showing serious de-construction:

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/angos/oddz/-kitchen.jpg[/IMG]

That is how one side of our kitchen started out... the little cubicle in the corner is, of course, the loo. [:P] That was not reinstated during re-construction.

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/angos/oddz/-kitcheneastend.jpg[/IMG]

And that is the east gable of the kitchen. The breezeblock wall was removed to make one large room and the east end is all re-pointed stone.

Bad or what?? [;-)] Trust me, Cowoman, however your house starts our, with enough love and care (and some money [6]) you will achieve what you want.

I too don't think that is how Leo meant it. I think it is because I used the word "photos" in plural suggesting I have seen more than the one you posted on this thread. I did see other photos, the one of the exterior mentioned here and the one of an interior room. I searched for the link to add it here but the photo was deleted. It was a very lovely large room that lead onto another that Cowoman was asking for suggestions on methods to cover stone.

I am just so disappointed that I missed the additional photo of the house you posted here.[:(] Cowoman, your lovely old stone house is very pretty and full of character, no one could say otherwise. I can't imagine any of us being lucky enough to have bought an old stone house that had everything the way we want it in the first place. We have an old stone house but much of the character was removed by the previous owner so we are having to spend a lot of heartache trying to put it back, lucky you to have it to start with. [:)]

[quote user="cowoman"]

Leo was sort of sayng

wjt said it was lovely  and  then Leo highlighted what he had said in the quote  but from the pics that i posted (now deleted) was saying if it was  lovely then had he seen pictures that he hadnt

oh well i am out of here,can do without insults

[/quote]

Cowomen

I think you have totally miss-read a meaning into 'Leo's' post, all he was saying was; had WJT seen something (photos) which he hadn't and that's why she knew 'it was lovely' no insults or derogatory put downs.

You have had some excellent replies by many members to your posts and I think you have over reacted to a very innocent reply by Leo.

[:)]

Thanks for your comments,maybe i have over reacted but i cant think of any other way that it could of been meant,but oh what the hell we all make our choices dont we and its different courses for different horses i suppose

thanks for being supportive