Bricolage Videos on YouTube

Matelot

Does anyone know if there are demo videos on YouTube that deal with French building techniques in particular.

I was thinking of lime rendering and also the use of the product called Patrimoine to repair stonework.

In fact tutorial videos on any subject of French bricolage would be of use to a 'bodger' like myself!

Cheers!

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Go to YouTube

Type in Bricolage

Help yourself to loads of bricolage videos.

[/quote]

So, to take another example, if I wanted some motorcycling videos, I could go to YouTube, type in "motorcycle", and help myself to some videos?

Isn't technology amazing! Crikey, why didn't I think of this before?!  [6]

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="sid"] Crikey, why didn't I think of this before?!  [6][/quote]Well, we will have to draw our own conclusions about that[:D][/quote]

I had to smile at your signature line, Rabbie; absolutely the same here!

Big Mac.....If you're meaning "Parpaing" - the standard French concrete block.....I'm sure there's plenty of videos online, but if it's a retaining wall, you may well be best in include a couple of piers to add strength and make sure you've a good foundation and drainage through the wall.

No disrespect, but do consider seeking the advice of someone who knows what they're doing and ask them to actually visit the site.

M.

Hi Mark, While the sentiment is appreciated - the blocks I have already have 'holes' which can align into an internal reinforced concrete chord so no buttresses or piers required.

I have rebar and can get the cages to space the reinforcement however have noticed the French using steel in bed joints etc...be good just to see some footage of them actually 'doing it'