Opening up a old window

Lisa

[quote user="Lisa"]

Hi,

Do we need to obtain permission from the town hall to re-open a old window that was bricked up at the back of the house.

rgds

lisa

[/quote] Depends how high your hedges are. As far as I can make out what they can't see they don't worry about.

Ni vu ne connu!

If its not a devanture then a declaration préalable is not required, what is a devanture is open to interpretation, my gable ends are as they can be seen from the road but the rear elevation not (I cut an opening for a window) even though neighbours can see it.

It's what I thought, The brick window surround is still in place and there is a 2m high wall and trees at the back of the property and no neighbour over looking that side, so should be good to go.

Thank everyone. That's One more thing ticked off the ever expanding list of things to check and do.

rgds lisa

• 3 weeks later...

We asked at our mairie when we wanted to reinstate a window back to the door it had obviously been before and were told we didn't need to do anything. I don't think we mentioned which side of the house it was on.

Our house backs directly onto a (very minor) road and all the doors/windows are on the opposite side overlooking only vineyards. Does that mean we could add another window without permission? I thought we had to get permission if we changed the outside appearance but could do what we wanted inside!