Problems with de dietrich boiler

val douest

Our de dietrich oil-fired condensing boiler (Model G2UT125FF) was installed four years ago.  I now find that, all of a sudden, the remote control no longer communicates with it. I then use the reconnection procedure in the handbook, which is sometimes successful, more often not.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?  I am reluctant to buy a new remote at nearly 300€ - if it isn't fixable I am thinking of buying a wired room thermostat, which I assume would have to be specific to my de dietrich boiler.  Does anyone have any idea where I could get one?

Any help much appreciated.

Val (for Mr douest)

Sorry, cannot help with your remote. However, I would expect an ordinary room thermostat to work as all it is is a switch that either turns on or off the boiler.

Scrapped a DeDietrich boiler recently and under a plate that I removed was a circuit diagram - but you might find one on the Internet.

Many thanks for your reply.

I don't think an ordinary on/off room thermostat will do. The remote control device communicates wirelessly with the boiler, sending it information such as room temperature, which the boiler then uses to determine what it should do. You can read the room temperature on the boiler display itself, which must mean that the R/C has sent it there. The R/C can also be used to change the boiler timer settings and various other parameters.

The book tells you to change the R/C batteries, which I did, but the fault persisted. The problem is that it's intermittent; right now it's working, but on past performance it will soon fail again . I am wondering if there is some R/F disturbance causing a problem, like another wifi system in our house? When I call in the engineers, I feel inclined to ask them to replace the remote control/transmitter-sender set up with a wired one, since I don't really need any of the extra facilities the R/C provides.

Anyway, thanks for the help from both replies.

Val (for Mr douest)