assainissment en tertre part two!

Frank

HI, well it looks like we now need to have an 'Etude' for the fosse (and we haven't even signed the final acte for the house yet, long and complicated story!). I have tried to search the forum for info, but not getting anywhere. Has anyone any recommendations for a company in the Saintes/Royan area in the Charente Maritime please. Many thanks in advance

Frank

Perhaps find out who SPANC appointed to carry out the inspections in the area and get them to carry out the study - they will also be the ones who will / were responsible for specifying what needed to be done to comply

Frank, not a recommendation as you are too far away from our house in the south of Charente M.

But, your mairie should have a list of who is operating in your area.  And, no, they won't recommend anyone either but at least you can contact them all and get a couple of devis?

Good luck with your project!  It IS frustrating.  I have known others do this, get the fosse under way only to find it's not the correct one. 

Back to the drawing board, get the authority responsible to do the study and provide you with descriptions/drawings of the scheme, then get the contractor to follow the recommendations to the letter and then they will have no excuse not to give you the certificate when all is done and dusted.

Edit:  I believe that the people you want are the Syndicat des Eaux, Saintes.  Google them and you should have a telephone number as well as an email address.