Assainissement en terte

Frank

Hi

I have tried a search of the forum to try and find info, but no luck. Has anyone any experience of a fosse installation ' assainissement en terte' and roughly how did the costs span out please. I have been quoted for a standard installation, but sadly this isn't going to work. Any advice much appreciated, many thanks

Frank

[quote user="Frank"]Hi I have tried a search of the forum to try and find info, but no luck. Has anyone any experience of a fosse installation ' assainissement en terte' and roughly how did the costs span out please. I have been quoted for a standard installation, but sadly this isn't going to work. Any advice much appreciated, many thanks Frank[/quote]

My info might not be right-up-to-the-minute but might be a starting point for you.

You go to your mairie and find out the contact for whoever is responsible for the standard of fosse installation in your area.

You contact this relevant bod.  You probably pay them a fee and they send someone out to look at your plot.

This person will do a soil test to determine the permeability of your land, will look all around to see which type of fosse would be acceptable.

They then provide you with a scheme deemed to be suitable.  The scheme will contain conditions, method of construction, including diagrams.

You hawk the scheme around fosse installers and you invite, say, three to come round to your property and give you a quote.

You choose your preferred person.

They install the fosse and, providing that they have done what the officially recommended installation is, you will then get your certificat de conformité.

As I see it, because you have consulted the body responsible for fosses beforehand, they cannot but OK it?

Many thanks sweet 17, on closer inspection of the papers/plan (done for house sale) the test hole wasn't dug, so our chap (French) who we have known for years, dug said hole to find clay and the previous 'ok' has been refused! Hence my query regarding the costs, as it looks like it is going to be quite a bit more! Thanks again

Don't know the full facts of your case, but if you have been controlled by the SPANC and you have a "Noir" rating, you need to be talking to your Syndic d'eau to determine what the system if for subventions. Ours is giving up to 60% if you get signed up.