Looking for holiday home with fishing!

Hi

Would be more that greatful with some help here.  We are looking for an area in France that would be good for fishing for my husband.  But we do not want lake or carp fishing, only river, so mill houses are ideal.  I know there are a lot in the Brittany area, but would ideally like further south to get some warmth and sun.  As this will be a holiday/retirement place ( at the moment in young early 50s)! would be wanting somewhere within easy distance of village/town with restaurants amenities etc.  Also I know this will sound terrible to some of you, but my husband has never been and never will be a linquist, so we would want somewhere with a fairly established English community.

Many thanks in anticipation

there is a place in the dordogne called eymet which according to the guardian online today is a village of  200 brit families in a village of 2600 population with a cricket team and fish and chips van but i expect its an expensive place to live, i expect they might have a supermarket or live near one, its nice to live in a community that speaks the same language with people you can trust and socilize with, thats the important things in my book

There are some lovely towns and villages with good fishing in Charente Maritime. The two main rivers are the Charente and Boutonne, but there are lots of tributaries as well. The local fishing authorities actually stock the rivers with trout at this time of the year. I have sent you a PM.