Termites

Mrs Trellis

Just about to put a house on the market. Agent says we will need reports on lead, asbestos and termites but the energy report is the only one required before trying to sell.

A house in the street has termites! It was in a bad state and the new owners are completely renovating it. I'm worried our house could be affected - but is there any way to check/locate the presence of termites before getting the expert in? I'd rather know before someone makes an offer (we can hope!) as it would be disappointing to find out about termites at that stage.

I'd rather not get the report in advance because I believe there is a time limit and if we don't get a buyer for a couple of years, another report would be needed.

There are diagnostic firms out there that return every 6 months free until you sell no matter how long it takes.

When you think about it all that is done is a check for termites, all the other information would remain the same. Perhaps worth considering having it done now.

Hi

I would go for a termite test, we had one and later it was out of date, for the sale The inspector came around with his rubber hammer and in five minutes left the cost was so small I have forgotten it from last October

Best check with your Expert what the costs of updating will be

If you have Termites early action will be best