Heures creuses not working

mattjazz

When ours didn't work, I contacted EDF who sent a technician out.  The man gave us a new switch over unit and a new meter.

Then EDF offered us a generous estimate of the HC we would have used had the thing been working.  Needless to say, we accepted with eagerness as it was much more than we would have incurred.

Yes, they gave us a good recompense when ours stopped working. If you find it difficult with the French number try the English helpline 05 62 16 49 08 although when I rang them they put me through to a technician who had no English. Took them 3 weeks to come out and fix it.

[quote user="Jay"]Yes, they gave us a good recompense when ours stopped working. If you find it difficult with the French number try the English helpline 05 62 16 49 08 although when I rang them they put me through to a technician who had no English. Took them 3 weeks to come out and fix it.

[/quote]

Well knock me down with a feather, the Electricité de France only had french speaking staff....... who would have thought it!

• 4 weeks later...
So, having finally got round to ringing ERDF, then being given another number for EDF, I've now been told they can't do anything to help me until I can give them a French contact number. This is a problem as I don't have a phone at the house and just use my UK mobile. I don't know any of my neighbours phone numbers so we seem to have reached an impasse.

I'll try emailing the mairie to see if they can help but other than that, any Suggestions?

Why not get a French SIM card and put that in your mobile?

Failing that, just get another cheapo phone and put a French SIM card into that?

That way, you'll always have a French mobile number and you'd be surprised how many times you'd be asked for that.

I have just helped my Australian neighbour do this as they are only here in the summer and do not have a landline.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions, however, having spoken to the mairie's office to ask for their assistance they've informed us that it was a fault with the whole village and was fixed on the 4th September. I guess the lesson learned there is talk to the mairie's office first.

Again, thanks for your help

Matt