Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Posts posted by tim_ironmonger

  1. This is to help people in the same situation as us!

    We will be moving to france at the end of January 03, we will not be working straight away in France, we have have been working in the the UK prior to leaving for more than 3 years (The last 3 years is the most important)....so I rang the benefits helpline 01912187547, and spoke to a Lady called Emmie( very helpful) She said she would forward us some forms to fill in and asked us to send them back to her. The forms would be looked over and then posted to our temporary French residence in 2 months time, we were then advised to take the E106 to a CMU to get it registered. So if I technically break my leg falling off the roof putting the Satellite dish up, I pay for the treatment in full up front, and then ask for 70 percent to be reimbursed.

    Hope this helps

  2. No funny comments please.

    I have just rang Cahoot to see if they would agree to forward any future correspondance to our temporary address in France, as the house here is sold (Jan 31st 2003). There reply was " you cannot have an Account with us Mr Ironmonger as you will not be a UK resident"..............fair enough I thought I will give my mothers address, then another thought crossed my mind, would the tax office appreciate this? or would I be paying tax twice for the privelege of having a High interest account.....is there not an equivalent of "Cahoot" here in France?
  3. I am sorry if this has been asked 1000s times before (I have searched on the archived threads)

    The questions are as follows.

    I would be living permanantly in France.

    The capital raised from my house sale would be put into a building society account here in the uk, would I pay tax on this amount at source? or would I have to fill in a seperate French tax return.

    I would not be working in France.

    Sorry again if this is common knowledge, but I would rather check.


  4. Ok
    Try this one then

    Im English, my wife is French. We buy a property in France for 70000 pounds. We change our minds and want to come back to the UK. Can we sell the property in France releasing our lets say 70000 equity, without having to pay gains tax?
    Any comments would be kindly recieved.

    Thanks all
  • Create New...