Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Everything posted by grumpyaudeman

  1. How good are the Olives how many /old are they, and more important who wants them
  2. I find watching passersby waving there hands around whilst talking on a mobile weird
  3. Sorry to hear of your problems the river Aude is 5 meters from my house and and has been /presently, well below normal levels it must be the lower tributaries /weather causing your hardship
  4. Hi Unless we can see the conditions on your house policy we will never know, normally damage is covered and in my experience the repairs to the faulty pipes "Our house insurance covers us for burst pipes, flooding etc," So which pipes, rivers ,rain what does etc include It may not be a great house policy but best read it
  5. Hi Speak to a local notaire its free if he just gives advice
  6. Salvage/Reclamation yards are uncommon in France but try here http://www.nosdepotsvente.com/depotvente/dordogne-24/
  7. Many people do not understand the freedom of a camper van its nothing like a caravan often under 3500kl Its a car with beds cooking facilities and shower toilet etc ,for a days run the only thing we need is fresh water and a parking space Over Christmas for free I spent 3 weeks in Spain and Portugal France is the best many communes are free
  8. [quote user="AnOther"]I'm amazed anybody still believes that door on the wrong side nonsense, I would have to surmise that they are probably the same feeble minded folk who fall for 419 scams and phishing emails which the vast majority can spot from 500 paces ! [/quote] So I am feeble minded but managed to live in France for 20 years and still short of 2 years of retirement get a life AnOther and do don't insult others you do not know I would like to meet you in real life and have a man to man slagging
  9. Hi Its a bit like the UK leaving the EU lots of opinions but only the end result will show who was right or wrong Let us know how you get on
  10. Hi Seems right using the A64 French route I used to live in the Pays Basque Pau to Quillan is about 4 hours via Carcassonne Having lived near Quillan for 2 years, I now know its a dump and can not move quickly enough elsewhere
  11. Hi I think your biggest problem is the caravan doors open on the wrong side of the road and gas fittings and replacing the head lights I suggest you flog it in the UK no one in Europe is going to buy it later with a French registration and buy a registered Left hand drive vehicle its difficult enough driving one let alone on the wrong side of the road
  12. Hi Just throw a few soup spoons of ammonia Hydroxide about brings tears to my eyes
  13. Hi Go to the English Library open most days I am sure someone will know http://www.network-news.com/eng_lib/librarynews.asp
  14. "So I’m not asking for sponsorship with nothing in return. I’m offering you a service and in return I ask that you make a donation" As an atheist "The best of fortune" If this charity is important to you why not forgo the long walk and just donate the money you would have spent or am I paying for your holiday ,admittingly with a good intent
  15. Hi Maritime pines? I guess were in le Landes rather than the Pays Basque Tourist attractions Skiing, Bayonne and Biarritz,to name a few I have lived there for 10 years compared to the Aude and dordogne/correze it's great As for Quillan Google earth,the street view will give you a good idea one house was for sale for 1 euro ,its surrounded with b arriers now Whilst I lived there for a few months two houses were burnt down in two weeks
  16. Hi Quillan is just down the road for me it's the pits After 18 months nearby cannot wait to move back to the Pays Basque The Aude is a very poor area cheap properties but poor services and the locals are not friendly beggars are everywhere begging a cigarette I have lived in France 20 years and this area is not on my hit list we have to travel 30 minutes along a tight gorge to Axat for a Doctor and dentist because there are no professionals locally
  17. Hi I may be grumpy but at least replied to a 18 month old post On the other hand after living in France for 20 years in three different areas can not wait to move on This area is a deprived poor dump full of cats, beggars old shut up shops and miserable people Just one supermarket for the whole population a good kilometre plus PS luvinlife best of luck for your adventure for me no regrets
  18. Hi Well she is not a resident in France how can that be spending more time in the UK As a French female she will always be known by her birth name regardless what you and her try later Who can change the name on a Birth Certificate? Only the mother, father or guardian of a child can apply for a child's change of forename to be recorded: in other words, anybody with parental responsibility for the child. If the child was given the new forenames by baptism, the minister with custody of the baptismal register needs to complete a form. To find out if you are able to change your child's name on their birth certificate please view our flowchart. Changing a Forename The law allows for a change to a child's forenames to be added to the birth register, provided the new forenames were given either in baptism or by regular use within the first 12 months of the birth being registered. Forename changes may only be made once in the birth register. If your child has been baptised within twelve months of the birth registration, only the baptismal names may be added to the register and not another name of your choice. If the child has been given the name in baptism: Form 13 (or form 13w for births registered in Wales) should be taken to the Vicar or Minister of the Church in which the child was baptised for them to complete (this will normally incur a small fee). You must then return the completed form to the register office and the amended names can be inserted into space 17 (at the end of the original birth certificate). If your child has not been baptised: Form 14 (or form 14w for births registered in Wales) should be completed and returned to the register office where your child's birth was registered. If you are completing this form more than twelve months after the birth was registered you will need to provide documentary evidence of the new forename being used within the twelve months following registration. For example, an NHS letter, a bank statement or an immunisation card showing the name in use within the first twelve months. If you do not live in the district where the birth registration took place, you can visit any register office in England or Wales and your form will be forwarded to the appropriate office. There is no charge for adding new names to the birth register but if you would like to have certificates showing the new forenames, they must be purchased. The provision for giving a new forename is not intended to be used to correct an error or omission. Where it is clear that a name was incorrectly recorded at registration the procedure for applying for a correction should be followed (see Changing a Mistake). Changing a Surname Depending on the marital status of the child's parents, it is sometimes possible to change the child's surname on their birth certificate. If the parents were not married at the birth registration, and the father did not attend the registration process, it is possible to amend the birth certificate. It can be altered to show the father's details and the child's surname can also be altered. Please note that both parents must agree to such a change. If the parents were not married at the birth registration and the father's details were added to the birth certificate and his surname was taken by the child, the birth certificate cannot be changed. In this situation, if the mother wanted to change her child's surname it would have to be done by Deed Poll. If the parents of the child married after the birth registration the birth should be re-registered to show the child as a child of the parent's marriage. The child's surname can be altered at the same time, to that of the father. The mother's name can also be changed on the birth certificate if she altered her surname upon marriage. If the child's parents double-barrelled their surnames, or combined them in some way when they got married, this name can be entered on the birth certificate for the child. In order for this to happen both parents should agree to any changes. The most straightforward way for a birth to be re-registered is to have both of the child's parents attend the Register Office together. Changing a Mistake A registration of a birth is a historic record and so is intended to record the facts as they were at the time at which the registration took place. However, if it is found that an error was made at the original registration, changes are possible. Applications for corrections should be made by the person who first registered the birth and at the same Register Office. Depending on the circumstances, documentary evidence may be required. This should show that the child is being brought up in a different name to the one on the register and from the earliest date possible. This could be in the form of an NHS letter, a bank statement or a medical card. Altered Birth Certificates When applying to alter names on a Birth Certificate, you must comply with any court orders in force about the naming of your child. To simply add new names to the birth register there is no charge but it is possible to buy certificates showing the new names. Changing the gender on your Birth Certificate The name and gender on your birth certificate can only be changed once your full legal status has been confirmed by the Gender Recognition Panel. In order to apply for this you must prove that: You suffer from, or have suffered from gender dysphoria You have been living in your acquired gender for the last two years You intend on remaining in your new gender permanently Providing your application for a Gender Recognition Certificate is successful, your amended birth certificate will be issued to show your new gender and name. To change your name... Fill in our online application form Receive your Deed Poll in the post Sign and date your Deed Poll Update records into your new name Start Here We help thousands change their name and receive Excellent Feedback. Home » Amending Records » Changing a name on a Birth Certificate England and Wales Northern Ireland Scotland What Our Clients Say... I would like to say that I am positively surprised with your excellent service. Thank you. Peter Soyka, London. August 2010 More Testimonials Apply Now » Our Deed Polls are accepted by all UK government departments including UK Passport Service, DVLA and HM Revenue and Customs Request a Call Back Name: Telephone: Convenient Time To Call: Call me Apply online to change your name by Deed Poll! Find out how it works or call us on 0800 983 0143 for more information Page Last Updated on 22/08/2014 18:17:03
  19. I agree with PaulT the politicians may have agreed but as I have no connections with the UK for 20 years so what has that got to do with me, just my health care and pension I will stop worrying about them in deference to a women I have not known and for an unknown reason someone killed her Its times like this I am pleased to have left the UK and its inhabitants/ Forum Moderators bonkers ideas
  20. like cajal I have never heard of waterproof hardboard in any language
  21. Hi Many supermarkets offer van hire . Check out their web sites I used Bricomarche a few years back very happy LOCATION DE VÉHICULES Vous avez vu trop grand pour votre voiture ? Vos projets nécessitent le transport de matériaux encombrants ? Louez un utilitaire à partir de 12€ la demi-journée pour 7 m3 (kilomètres en supplément) Profitez de notre service de location d'utilitaire, MOINS CHER ! Plusieurs forfaits de location allant de la demi-journée au week-end s’adaptent à vos exigences. Exemple : 12 € TTC (kilomètres en supplément) la demi-journée en semaine pour l’utilitaire de 7m3. Les tarifs de location comprennent l’assurance tous risques avec franchise en cas de panne. Pour tout complément d'information sur le contrat, n'hésitez pas à contacter votre magasin. Retrouvez sur le parking de votre Bricomarché, nos véhicules utilitaires 7 m3, 12 m3 et 15 m3 : renseignez-vous à l'accueil de votre magasin. Pour profiter de ce service, vous devez être âgé d’au moins 21 ans et être détenteur du permis de conduire depuis plus d’un an. Le véhicule ne peut être utilisé qu’en France métropolitaine et dans ses pays limitrophe
  • Create New...